For generations, friends & families have vacationed in the Lake Placid region to experience everything from the world-class skiing and snowboarding during our epic winters, to canoeing and kayaking through pristine Adirondack waters while the loons sing. And, while many of the local hotels in the region offer ski packages, there is no better way to experience what this region has to offer than by choosing to stay in your own private vacation home in the heart of the action.
Our local rental experts listen and ask the important questions to provide each guest with a personalized Adirondack vacation home that will leave lasting memories. You can find lakefront properties, close to town while still offering privacy, and plenty of room. Imagine going out for a full day of downhill or XC skiing and having a private hot tub or steam room to relax the mind and body in afterwards. There are pet-friendly rentals with plenty of room for large families, or groups of friends on a vacation together, looking to enjoy the annual Brew-Ski event in Tupper Lake, or possibly cozy up to a new or classic film in the theatre room. All season long you can view the gorgeous Adirondacks from the fireplace while planning out your next day’s activities.
Discover your ideal home-away-from-home in one of our 85+ rentals in private homes, cabins, waterfront properties, and condos. Why settle for an average Adirondack ski package when you can choose Merrill L. Thomas vacation rentals.
Lake Placid Area Ski Areas
Skiing in the Adirondack Mountains offer fun for all skill levels, ages and families!
- Whiteface Mountain, Wilmington, NY – you’ll find some of the most vertical fun available, and over 90 ski runs.
- Mt. Pisgah, Saranac Lake, NY – classic small-town skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and tubing!
- Titus Mountain, Malone, NY – voted Best in Snow 2017-2019, Titus offers affordable family fun on just over 2,000’ of vertical drop.
- Dewey Mountain, Saranac Lake, NY – offers groomed and ungroomed XC ski trails, and snowshoe
- terrain, including night skiing. Dogs are welcome on all snowshoe trails, and Wednesdays-only on ski trails.
- Cascade Ski Center, Lake Placid, NY – recently acquired by the Adirondack Mountain Club, Cascade offers 12 miles of groomed XC skiing.
- Mt. VanHovenberg, Lake Placid, NY – as part of the Lake Placid Olympic Sports Complex, this well-known attraction not only offers amazing XC skiing but also a mountain coaster along the historic bobsled track!
The fun doesn’t stop when winter is over! In the summer paddle out from your own private beach (many rentals include kayaks, canoes, or tubes) and head towards the over 40 miles of waterways. Access wonderful swimming areas, some of the best fishing in the Adirondacks, and breathtaking bird watching. Maybe you just want to have a calm, meditative outing canoeing through pristine waters. The morning mists and the sunsets won’t soon leave your senses. And don’t forget to check out the ski areas we listed above for all they have to offer in the summer, including hiking, golfing, and mountain biking!